On September 8, the international data centre forum was hosted in Moscow, where participants shared their knowledge and experience in the development of IT infrastructure and services.
Andrei Aksenov, CEO of #IXcellerate, was one of the key speakers. Here are the highlights of his presentation:
- Moscow ranks 5th in Europe in terms of concentration of commercial data centres (excluding hyperscale sites).
- In 2020, Russia’s data centre market grew by 19% and is in 15th place among European, Asian and Middle Eastern countries.
- Data centre occupancy is running twice as fast as anticipated, and demand from banks and gaming is very high.
- Rack load is growing rapidly. This is due to a constant need for expansion on the part of current customers.
- We are seeing demand for the ESG values in the data centre strategy.
- Data centre interconnect and inter-campus redundancy are becoming increasingly vital.
The foundation of our long-term growth strategy is the ability to scale for each of our customers ten years into the future